Good evening, here’s what happened today.
- The Trump administration announced today that it will not be appealing its case, State of Washington v. Trump, to the Supreme Court. This announcement comes subsequent to a ruling by the United States Court of Appeals, ninth circuit, that decided to uphold a broad block of President Trump’s immigration order issued by Judge James Robart.
- President Donald Trump and his administration are grappling with their multiple losses in court, and are trying to find ways to salvage the order. One of the main concerns the panel of judges had about the order was the ambiguity of the legal language in the order. Trump said that the White House is trying to rewrite the order to meet the wishes of the judges.
- President Donald Trump intervened when Rex Tillerson was going to pick his deputy secretary of state-former deputy national security adviser Elliott Abrams. The president overruled Tillerson, because of Abrams’ criticisms of Trump during the election.
- President Donald Trump brought up voter fraud at a meeting with Senate Republicans. This is another installment in a long history of President Trump refusing to give up the past, more specifically the election. At a listening session with 10 senators about Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch, when he brought up voter fraud.
- A difference between versions of a New York Times story published in the print edition of the paper and was the catalyst for President Trump to lash out at the paper once again.
The failing @nytimes does major FAKE NEWS China story saying ‘Mr.Xi has not spoken to Mr. Trump since Nov.14′ We spoke at length yesterday’
-President Donald Trump on Twitter