Good morning, here’s what you need to know.
- Representative Tom Price, President Donald J. Trump’s nominee for Health and Human Services Secretary (HSS), was confirmed early this morning, shortening once again the list of Trump cabinet nominees who have yet to be confirmed.
- The Trump administration seems likely to file an emergency application to the Supreme Court in a day or two after the United States Court of Appeals for San Francisco ruled against his order. The Supreme Court remains without a ninth justice currently, however. A ruling next week either to reinstate the ban or to continue to block it is possible.
- Relations between the U.S. and China could get better after Mr. Trump agreed to a phone call with President Xi Jimping of China, in an effort to show respect for the “One China” policy. This is a reversal from previous actions, in which he called the President of Taiwan, which is a break in the “One China” policy.
- Bashar-al-Assad, the President of Syria, endorsed President Trump’s travel ban in an interview with Yahoo News. He said there are “definitely” terrorists among the refugees who are leaving because of the civil war in Syria.
- President Donald Trump is said to be a gracious host at his golf courses. He high-fives his playing partners after a good shot and keeps his cool when his game is tough, according to friends. This weekend the President will host Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe at his Mar-A-Lago resort in Florida.