Here’s what happened today.
- At 6 PM Pacific Time, Senator Bernie Sanders (D-Vermont), and Senator Ted Cruz (R-Texas) will debate the future of Obamacare. The debate is between the two runners up of their parties nomination for the American presidency.
- President Donald Trump’s immigration order goes before the United States Court of Appeals today in San Francisco, arguably the most important legal hurdle it has faced yet. The U.S. Court of Appeals will hear oral arguments from both sides, the case is likely to go the Supreme Court.
- The Senate confirmed Betsy DeVos as education secretary after a historic vote by Vice President Mike Pence breaking a 50-50 tie in the Senate.
- The White House, saying that the news media isn’t covering terrorist attacks at all or covering terrorist attacks sufficiently. The list released by the White House includes attacks in San Bernardino, Orlando, Paris, and Nice France.
- Steven K. Bannon, the chief advisor to Mr. Trump, has created alliances with traditionalists in the Vatican who also have a low opinion of Pope Francis, thinking he is misguided and maybe a socialist.