Good Afternoon, here’s what happened today.
- The Justice Department today filed an appeal seeking to overturn a recent ruling by a Seattle judge that temporarily put blocks on President Donald Trump’s controversial immigration order. The Justice Department is expected to file an emergency stay motion tonight.
- President Donald Trump promised to ‘restore peace’ at Ukraine-Russia border today. “We will work with Ukraine, Russia, and all other parties involved to help them restore peace along the border,” Trump said on a call at 5 p.m. ET today. He described it as a “very good call.”
- Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-New York) today warned that President Donald Trump’s attack on a federal judge from Seattle about a recent ruling of his would create even more Democratic resistance to his nominee for the Supreme Court Neil Gorsuch.
- The White House denied a report today that senior advisor to the President Stephen Bannon met with Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary John Kelly to stop green-card waivers.
- Vice President Mike Pence called a recent ruling by a Seattle judge that suspends President Donald Trump’s executive order ‘frustrating’ today. He was referring to a recent ruling by Seattle United States District Court Judge James Robart’s recent ruling to block President Donald Trump’s executive order that places restrictions on immigration in the Middle-East. He said this during an interview with ABC’s “This Week”.
Read more about these stories from http://www.politico.com