Good Morning, here’s what you need to know.
- A federal appeals court rejected early Sunday a request from the Justice Department to immediately reinstate President Donald Trump’s executive order that regulates immigration. The Justice Department had filed papers hours earlier aiming to reverse the ruling of a U.S. District Court judge in Seattle that broadly restricted President Trump’s immigration order.
- “The Senate is coming apart.” The Senate is barely running and the future of the upper chamber looks even worse. Shutdowns, nuclear options, and more will be in the chamber’s future in the coming months. Senate Democrat’s are trying to slow down the confirmation of President Trump’s cabinet nominees in any way they can, Republicans haven’t even begun on President Trump’s legislative agenda.
- Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-California), who is the ranking Democrat on the judiciary committee, will be the one to decide the constitutionality of President Trump’s immigration order. “The president is not a dictator,” the California Democrat told Fox News host Christ Wallace on Fox News Sunday. “The framers of our constitution wanted a strong congress for the very reason that most kinds of things should be done within the scope of lawmaking. This is done within the scope of executive power.” President Donald Trump attacked a Seattle judge because of his ruling against the President’s immigration order, calling him a “so-called judge.”
- President Donald Trump defended Russian President Vladamir Putin on The O’Reilly Factor in an interview with Bill O’Reilly that will be aired Sunday. When O’Reilly commented that “Putin is a killer,” Trump immediately responded in the Russian President’s defense. He said, “There are a lot of killers.” Trump said ” We’ve got a lot of killers. What do you think? Our country’s so innocent?
- The leader of Al Qaeda in Yemen has released a new audio recording in which he calls President Donald Trump the “White House’s new fool.” “[The White House’s new fool] has received a painful blow at your hands in his first outing on your land.” He said to his supporters, mocking the president.